BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
amager
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a problem with footnotes under the sgpanel pages of my RTF. Even if the footnotes appear in t he other pages : 

i test many solutions , like footnote inside the proc report ..and footnotes before the proc sgpanel..

compute after _page_;
    line "footnote generated by compute after and line";
endcomp;

also the : 

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) gtitle; 

if someone know how to do it ? 

Thanks in Advance .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Seeing ODS TAGSETS.SASREPORT13 makes me wonder if you are using Enterprise Guide. If you want to control the option like nogtitle and nogfootnote for RTF, you might consider taking full control of your output and putting an ODS "sandwich" around your code. Without getting into an example of a graph with PROC REPORT, the example below shows how you'd construct an ODS RTF statement to include the NOGTITLE and NOGFOOTNOTE options and also shows the impact of TITLE and FOOTNOTE statements along with the LINE statement in PROC REPORT.

rtf_title_footnote.png

As you can see, the COMPUTE BEFORE _PAGE_ text stays within the boundaries of the table and so does the COMPUTE AFTER _PAGE_. As a comparison, the SAS Footnote goes at the bottom of the physical page in RTF and PDF destinations.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Seeing ODS TAGSETS.SASREPORT13 makes me wonder if you are using Enterprise Guide. If you want to control the option like nogtitle and nogfootnote for RTF, you might consider taking full control of your output and putting an ODS "sandwich" around your code. Without getting into an example of a graph with PROC REPORT, the example below shows how you'd construct an ODS RTF statement to include the NOGTITLE and NOGFOOTNOTE options and also shows the impact of TITLE and FOOTNOTE statements along with the LINE statement in PROC REPORT.

rtf_title_footnote.png

As you can see, the COMPUTE BEFORE _PAGE_ text stays within the boundaries of the table and so does the COMPUTE AFTER _PAGE_. As a comparison, the SAS Footnote goes at the bottom of the physical page in RTF and PDF destinations.

Cynthia

amager
Obsidian | Level 7

HI Cynthia, 

Indeed, i need the option 'nogfootnote' to include footnote in my ODS.

Thanks for your reply , i was sure that your reply it will be helpful like everytime!

Many thanks

amager
Obsidian | Level 7

I still have another problem that's if footnotes of sgpanel graphic its inserted. the footnote of the page does not appear?? 

How to fix that ??

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Without your code or your data, it's hard to visualize what you're describing. This worked for me:

sgpanel_footnote.png

(I added the yellow highlight to the screen shot to illustrate the SAS title and SAS footnote on the page.)

Cynthia

amager
Obsidian | Level 7
I can't it's a long and private code. i set the footenotes in each ouput of sgpanel graphic and report footnote in the others pages. Thanks to your reply.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I'm not sure what any remaining issues are except you may want to have a title and footnote INSIDE the graph image and then ALSO on the RTF page...that's not possible without doing some annotation. However, if you mean that you want to have a report and a graph in the same document and you want to turn the options for nogtitle, nogfootnote on and off between steps, here's how to do that:

1) Graph first, then report:

graf_report_footnote.png

2) Report first, then graph:

report_then_graf.png

Note how between the steps, an ODS RTF statement is issued, without a FILE=, but with the option that I want to change.

Hope this helps,

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation