BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Virpi
Calcite | Level 5
Has there been any changes for pagebreaks on ods pdf printing?
I have tried following code with 9.2, but all I can get is one paper with two letter s's two rows apart.. On 9.1 it produced pdf document with three pages.

ods pdf file='c:\temp\sivu92.pdf';

ods pdf text ='s';
ods pdf text = '(*ESC*)4P';
ods pdf startpage=now;
ods pdf text ='s';
ods pdf close;

Defining layout doesn't help either... Message was edited by: Virpi
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The Escapechar+4P was an experimental feature of the original way that ODS ESCAPECHAR worked. I don't know whether that feature was implemented the same way in 9.2 as it was implemented in earlier releases of SAS. Especially when combined with the STARTPAGE= option.

You will probably get a definitive answer by opening a track with Tech Support on this one.

cynthia
Virpi
Calcite | Level 5
OK,
It seems that
ods pdf startpage=page_now;
will create a pagebreak in pdf.
But it also seems that all the defintions for pdf have changed, when printing a data there will be different number of rows on a page than before.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I have not observed that behavior (different number of rows per page) -- however, with PDF, the number of rows per page is dependent on several factors -- such as font size, cell padding, margins, papersize, orientation, style template being used, etc.

If you have a job that produces a certain number of rows per page in SAS 9.1.3 and you have that same -unchanged- job that produces a different number of rows per page in SAS 9.2, then you might want to open a track with Tech Support so they can help you determine how to get the same results as you got previously. It may be as simple as changing a style template, changing margins or changing cell padding.

cynthia
Virpi
Calcite | Level 5
Actually I had my own style template (not inherited, but modified from printer) and fixed row heights with 1.5 pt, papersizes, orientation, margins, all defined on the code but the report on 9.2 was 4-5mm lower and more right than with 9.1 and there were 3 rows less on 9.2 report than on 9.1 report. Also all the columns were shifted.

Changing row heights to 1.0 pt helped to get all the rows required on one page, but there is much more to be done before all thise reports look like they did on 9.1..

I have a track now open.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation