BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
xoxozav_1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I am quite new with SAS University Edition and I have had problems getting my code in a pdf file. Could you help me generate a pdf file of my code and my log (in separate documents) using the ods pdf statement or with another tool?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Not ideal but if you paste it into Word and save as PDF is the 'quick and dirty solution'. The long term solution IMO would be to use a Jupyter Notebook.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@xoxozav_1 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am quite new with SAS University Edition and I have had problems getting my code in a pdf file. Could you help me generate a pdf file of my code and my log (in separate documents) using the ods pdf statement or with another tool?

I would just use whatever tool your computer has for converting the browser windows you see in SAS/Studio into PDF files.  For example a lot of computers will let you select PDF FILE as the printer when you print something.   On my Windows 10 PC if I click on the Printer ICON in SAS/Studio CODE window it opens a new tab with just the code.  I can then press ctrl-P (or pick print from the browser menus) and the print dialog opens.  I can then select Save as PDF as the printer to use.

I like to use the Code Summary view (look for the icon in the CODE window).  It will show the code, the log and the output all in one report.

xoxozav_1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I tried to print my code as a pdf but the entire code does not appear. I also tried using the Code Summary option, but when I tried to print the summary, I had the same problem ( the code was incomplete). I do not know what is the problem. I tried changing the printer settings but nothing changed. Is there any other option to get my code in pdf?

Thanks for your help

Reeza
Super User
Not ideal but if you paste it into Word and save as PDF is the 'quick and dirty solution'. The long term solution IMO would be to use a Jupyter Notebook.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation