BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@ebphd wrote:
SAS University Edition. SAS7BDat file from. DHS site, a SAS7bdat table. I am working off the table and can code from here. Though it has a lib pathway once uploaded, the columns do not show up unless I work off the work.query pathway. I am ok with this as long as I can work with the data.

Thanks.
ebphd

A file with sas7bdat as the extension is a SAS dataset. It should consist of many observations and variables.

I will assume that by TABLE you mean DATASET and not some type of report or spreadsheet you want to create.  And by COLUMN you mean VARIABLE . 

If  you can run code to query the dataset to make a work dataset then you should be able to see the variables in the SAS/Studio interface without any need to first copy some of it into a separate dataset.

Perhaps you are confused because in SAS/Studio when you run code that generates a dataset it automatically opens a window that lets you view the new dataset your code created?

You can open the same type of window by just finding the original dataset in the left hand panel and opening it from there, without having to run any code (other the LIBNAME statement that makes the libref that points to the directory that contains the file that is the SAS dataset).

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation