BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kathrynssy
Calcite | Level 5

I uploaded a .sas7badat file on SAS OnDemand

kathrynssy_0-1698286065716.png

Then I try to click on the file CompAssign2.sas7bdat, it shows "File _TEMP8.COMPASSIGN2.DATA does not exist."

kathrynssy_1-1698286237633.png

Then I go ahead and create a LIBNAME:

kathrynssy_2-1698286371426.png

And it was successful?

kathrynssy_3-1698286414050.png

Then I went to the library and check. I does has a library names "HW2". But when I click on the "COMPASSIGN2" it shows error "File HW2.COMPASSIGN2.DATA does not exist.":

kathrynssy_4-1698286489382.png

I then try to run proc.contents, and it shows error"ERROR: File HW2.COMPASSIGN2.DATA does not exist."

kathrynssy_5-1698286772837.png

So now I cannot move forward to run anything without able to load the dataset. PLEASE HELP

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

You don't say anything about the environment you are working in but if this is SAS on Demand I believe that is Unix/Linux based so all name like folders and files are case sensitive. Since you are showing mixed case in many places that gets much harder to keep track of how the system actually wants them. Try making all the folders and file names lower case.

kathrynssy
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, SAS OnDemand

kathrynssy
Calcite | Level 5
Tried. Not working
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
What happens when you right click and select properties for the .sas7bdat file?
On which O.S. and SAS environment was the .sas7bdat file created?
If you have access to a local sas installation can you open the .sas7bdat file on that environment?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation