BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

First of all, happy new year 😃

I currently face a problem that I do not know/understand why and how at all

It's about the ODS Graphic. I have no output at all ; only the data part, but no graphics. I have tried many ways : via the SEG Task and also via the code with always the same result/behaviour; only the data is shown with no graphics

I finaly tried with a basic test from https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Enterprise-Guide/Correlation-matrix/td-p/22684 and still the same...

ods graphics on;
	proc corr data=sashelp.cars;
		var enginesize weight;
		with mpg_city mpg_highway;
	run;
ods graphics off;

with or without ods html, it's the same behaviour

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards,

Michel

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Use

proc corr data=sashelp.cars plots=matrix;
--
Paige Miller
k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your quick reply

Your code gives me this 

weird.png

and as you can notice, no graphic at all... only the data... ='(

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Works for me.

Show the complete code.

What version of SAS? What user interface (base SAS, Enterprise Guide, SAS/Studio, etc)?

--
Paige Miller
k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS Enterprise Guide 7.11 <=> [SEG 7.11] 😃

ballardw
Super User

The output you show does not quite correspond to the code shown. Please provide the actual code submitted.

When I run:

ods graphics on;
	proc corr data=sashelp.cars plot=matrix;
		var enginesize weight;
		with mpg_city mpg_highway;
	run;
ods graphics off;

The result for the Pearson Correlation Coefficients is only a two by two table, not 10 by 10 as shown in your output. And yes I get a plot matrix that is two by two as well.

However if I run

ods graphics on;
	proc corr data=sashelp.cars plot=matrix;
	run;
ods graphics off;

I get your tables, no plot AND in the log:

WARNING: The scatter plot matrix with more than 5000 points has been suppressed. Use the
         PLOTS(MAXPOINTS= ) option in the PROC CORR statement to change or override the cutoff.

So read the log when you don't get expected output. There are many ways depending on procedures used to exceed the default amount of data that will plot properly.

Using the hint from the log

ods graphics on;
	proc corr data=sashelp.cars plot=matrix plots(maxpoints=25000);
	run;
ods graphics off;

I do get plots but not for everything. Also a 10 by 10 matrix plot is likely to result in extremely small individual plots.

k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

The SS is what I got from PaigeMiller's code, after submitting, with or without the ods graphics on

The weird thing is that the test code provided by PaigeMiller works for him and not for me ; it's quite a basic code...

I also tried your code, with or without (even with lower max point)

plots(maxpoints=25000)

and I still have nothing

I got this in my Log (I tried with 500 points only - and of course ur version does not work...)

Thank you in any case for your help 😃

WARNING: The scatter plot matrix with more than 500 points has been suppressed. Use the PLOTS(MAXPOINTS= ) option in the PROC CORR
statement to change or override the cutoff.
NOTE: PROCEDURE CORR used (Total process time):
real time 0.03 seconds
cpu time 0.03 seconds 

k4minou
Obsidian | Level 7

I do not know if there is a relation or not, but on my version of SAS Enterprise Guide, the ODS Graphics designer is not installed...

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation