BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TonyJr
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there. I'm teaching myself SAS using Learning SAS by Example a Programmer's Guide by Ron Cody.

I am in chapter 7 solving the problems. My question is where I can find (download if possible) the following SAS data sets?

1) Hosp 

2) Sales

3) Blood

4) Bicycle

I tried library sashelp but they are not there.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

TonyJr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brzcol
SAS Employee

Hi,

Go to this website: https://support.sas.com/en/books/authors/ron-cody.html  and scroll to the version of the book you have. There will be a link that you can use to get to a zip file that contains the data.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
brzcol
SAS Employee

Hi,

Go to this website: https://support.sas.com/en/books/authors/ron-cody.html  and scroll to the version of the book you have. There will be a link that you can use to get to a zip file that contains the data.

Hope this helps!

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Also, look carefully in the zip file for instructions. In many of Ron's books, he provides a program that you have to run to MAKE all the data used in the book.
Cynthia
TonyJr
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much Cynthia for let me know.

TonyJr
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much for the quick response. I found the files. Now ready to keep going with my self teaching.

mk13
Calcite | Level 5
I couldn't be able to find Hosp data in Cody second edition downloads
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Suggest you read the Instructions.docx document in the zip file, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1646342884616.png

When I review the Create_Datasets.sas program, I see the code to create several datasets with HOSP in the name. And, when I change the LIBNAME statement at the top of the Create_Datasets.sas program and then run the program, as instructed, I get ALL the datasets that he uses in the book. What is in the zip file is NOT everything you need. All the SAS datasets are created when you run the creation program. Without this setup, you won't have any of the SAS datasets.

Cynthia

mk13
Calcite | Level 5
thank you very much Cynthia for your quick response.
dsayan388
Calcite | Level 5
Same problem I also facing
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If it is the same problem, the same solution will work. If the solution does not work, you have a different problem, in which case it is best to start a  new topic in the "New User" section where you describe your issue in detail.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation