BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
maheshsompalli
Calcite | Level 5

I had a problem with running a program creating spds9 files, I am using libname for assigning the locations of store files and i encountered the data files dpf are generating good , but with metadata files mdf. the data supposed to produce 14MB of data its producing just the 620KB of data no any errors in the program and dpf files it is creating are good, Can anyone help me in resolving this issue.

I have checked the code and every thing is well and good

6 REPLIES 6
Lakker
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Is this related to %let SPDSSIZE=14 ?

maheshsompalli
Calcite | Level 5

The data is produces is not accurate it is generating data no any sizing problems but, mdf files are not genrated correctly, right side of image is previous run data and now I am running it again in different environment.

left side data is my current run Capture.JPG

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't follow you, are you comparing dpf and mdf file sizes?

If so, you have misunderstood the role of these file types.

If the program executed without warnings or errors, why do think it's wrong?

Does the data look corrupt?

Data never sleeps
maheshsompalli
Calcite | Level 5

that is my problem in previous run these mdf files has generated offset-E841A0 number of rows

but now it is only generating offset-99560 number of rows. I know program is running with out any warning or errors, but missing data in the mdf files. 

But DPF files has matching rows. That's were it is getting really weird.

normally the program should execute for 6 hours now it is completes it run in 1 hour. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Still not understand. Mdf files doesn't hold any rows at all, it's just meta data.
Why are you looking at the physical files at all?
Start your anslysis by looking at the data from a SAS session using SPDE libname.
Data never sleeps
maggiem_sas
SAS Employee

You said you are running in a different environment. Can you give more details about that change? Are you running the code in a different environment? Or did you modify the LIBNAME statement to store the table in a different environment? (Or both?)

If you added a new path in the DATAPATH, then the .mdf and existing .dpf files might still be located on the the old environment.

See the current documentation.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation