BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gsisme
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I'm working through an exercise on SAS Studio relating to exercise 2.2.2: Accessing Data Through Libraries. I created Folder EPG194 previously, however when I reopened SAS it wasn't there today. I've created the new folder in Server Files and Folders -> My Folders, and imported the data as done previously. However I'm getting the following Error Message when I run the imported script:

ERROR: No logical assign for filename UNZIP.
ERROR: ************************************************************
Path specified for data files (/home/sasdemo/EPG194) is not valid.
Remember: PATH values in UNIX and LINUX are case sensitive.
Directions have been followed as per the link below:
Could someone point me in the direction of what I may be doing wrong here? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

If you are not connecting to a server that maintains permanent file or library references then you need to follow the steps in each session.

In the case of external (non-SAS data sets) it is usually best to connect to the source one time and read the data into SAS data sets in a permanent library (other than WORK that you create and maintain). Then accessing the library will have all of the data. You would likely need to repeat the code/ steps in the current session to make the library available.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation