BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
aroub72
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone, 

I hope I can find an answer to my question. I'm trying to import the Cre8data file to (SAS Studio/the academic version) but it does not seem to populate any libraries.

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 3.18.16 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-27 at 3.18.32 pm.png

As per the SAS Base Programmer Instructors.Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 3.23.30 pm.png   Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Here's the video for using SAS University Edition to make the Base Programmer Prep Guide 5th Edition data.

1) University Edition video showing default folder location for Prep Guide programs:
/folders/myfolders/cert
http://youtu.be/GLoXWgOnC_0?hd=1

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Your %LET shows a "cert" subfolder, but your screen shot does NOT show that subfolder. Are you getting error messages in the log?

The original cre8data.sas file shows this %LET statement:
%let path=/folders/myfolders/cert;

If you are using SAS University Edition, then this is the %LET statement you would use (assuming you put all the files from the cert folder in the zip archive into a cert folder in your shared folder location). You should put all the files from the zip archive in your shared folder location -- preferably in a folder because the program you need to run will create all the data in the location your specify. Having all the files contained in one folder makes it easier to find them together in one place.

The structure in your zip archive might be
/folders/myfolders/practice-data/cert (if you copied the entire zip archive folder structure)
or you might have copied things just to a cert folder in which case
/folders/myfolders/cert would be OK.

If you are going to keep things in the sasuser.v94 folder (which is not what the instructions recommended -- they recommend having the data in a folder called cert), then your %LET statement would have to change.

However, I think it would be better to move cre8data.sas (and the other files from the CERT folder in the zip archive) into a CERT folder in your shared folder location under /folders/myfolders. So either:
%let path=/folders/myfolders/practice-data/cert;
OR
%let path=/folders/myfolders/cert;

The location you put in cre8data.sas has to be the REAL location in University Edition (or any of the other interfaces). In any case, if you want to stick with SASUSER.V94, then THAT is the location you need to use in your %LET -- the correct path location for your sasuser.v94 folder, you just have to right click on it in the Files and Folders pane and then select Properties. You should see the path you need to use -- copy it from the Properties Window into your %LET statement.

Cynthia

aroub72
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Cynthia for your reply. The log is the first picture in my post. I saved the file as you recommended under the shared folder and used the path %let path=/folders/myfolder/cert but it's not creating any files. It keeps creating other sas files instead of the practise files. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 12.54.00 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 12.55.45 pm.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
I'm confused about your 2 screen shots. In the instructions, your shared folder location should ALWAYS be called "myfolders", not "myfolder" as you show in your top screen shot.

So I don't understand where you have "myfolder" located, but, it is not showing up in your other screen shot.

I am going to post 5 separate links with a video for each method of using SAS to make the Prep Guide data for the 5th edition. There's a video for each interface you're using to run programs. Video #1 and #2 are both SAS University Edition videos; #3 is a SAS OnDemand for Academics video. Video #4 contains 2 demos in one video -- SAS Studio using a local SAS installation and SAS Display Manager using a local SAS installation. Video #5 is the EG video.
Cynthia

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Here's the video for using SAS University Edition to make the Base Programmer Prep Guide 5th Edition data.

1) University Edition video showing default folder location for Prep Guide programs:
/folders/myfolders/cert
http://youtu.be/GLoXWgOnC_0?hd=1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Here's the video for using SAS University Edition to make the Prep Guide 5th Edition data.
2) University Edition video showing different folder location for Prep Guide programs: /folders/myfolders/practice-data/cert
http://youtu.be/8d5gUUP3hzE?hd=1

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Here's the video for using SAS OnDemand for Academics to make the Prep Guide 5th edition data.
3) SAS OnDemand for Academics video showing how to make Prep Guide data with SAS Studio:
http://youtu.be/o_BePOx6LVE?hd=1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Here's the video for using SAS Studio with a local install of SAS or SAS Display Manager with a local install of SAS to make the Prep Guide 5th Edition data.

4) SAS Local installation on Windows video, using either SAS Studio (first demo) or SAS Display Manager (second demo:
http://youtu.be/yOk6_DPRTj8?hd=1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Here's the video for using SAS Enterprise Guide with a local install of SAS to make the Prep Guide 5th edition data.

5) SAS Enterprise Guide video for a local install (EG can read C: drive folders):
http://youtu.be/Y_DDYbKPwoA?hd=1

If you are using SAS Enterprise Guide with the 5th Edition of the Base Programmer Prep Guide and your SAS and EG cannot read files from or write files to your C: drive, then you may need help from your SAS Administrator to find a folder that the SAS server can access. You will need write access to this location.

aroub72
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the process in details. It's finally working, since I am working on Macintosh it was hard to locate the files in the C drive, but following your video step by step helped me understand the process. Thanks again. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation