BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aki_shivhare
Calcite | Level 5
I am new to Sas and I got a Sasviya image from my companies docker repository.for python and Java application I am aware how to write docker file but for sas I am not sure. Any pointers will be valuable
3 REPLIES 3
Aki_shivhare
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply.

I was provided with sasviya image by my organization which was given by the sas vendor itself.

Now i tried to call one sample dataset.sas file from dockerfile. but i am not sure if that is the correct way.

I have attached it in the attachment.

when i build my dockerfile it gets build and when i try to run the image using docker run -d -p 8003:8003 dockerimagename

i dont get any output.

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

I think that is not the way to interact with the sas provided dockerimage.
It should be more like what is explained in the deployment documentation: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/anprocdc/v_003/dplyviya0ctr/p0ot22u2rapcsfn1outngvut0f8m.htm#n1...
In step4 is explained how you can initiate the docker image and enter SAS Studio.
Docker houses the SAS server. SAS Studio is the browser-based GUI you use to interact with the SAS Server. Did you get any documentation from your organization on how to use the image?

If you do have documentation, can you share that? On what hardware and os are you using docker? Do you know what SAS product/solution the docker image contains?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation