BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GFW
Obsidian | Level 7 GFW
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there anyone know how to use mouse scroll in viewtable of dataset in SAS 9.2.

The only thing I can do is to drag the scroll bar to view the dataset.

It confused me for a long time, I searched for solution in Google and in the community, and I got no answer.

So, I am looking for help! 

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@GFW wrote:

Is there anyone know how to use mouse scroll in viewtable of dataset in SAS 9.2.

It confused me for a long time, I searched for solution in Google and in the community, and I got no answer.

Many thanks!

Please describe exactly what you want to do when you mean "mouse scroll" or want to accomplish.

For what it may be worth, once you are in the body of tableview by clicking on any value the keyboard page up/ page down (or F8 and F9) will move up or down one page,  ctrl+ page up, ctrl+ page down will move to first or last row , tab or shift+ tab moves right/ left one column.

You might also find the FORM view useful to possibly see more values of an observation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

@GFW wrote:

Many thanks!

Please describe exactly what you want to do when you mean "mouse scroll" or want to accomplish.

For what it may be worth, once you are in the body of tableview by clicking on any value the keyboard page up/ page down (or F8 and F9) will move up or down one page,  ctrl+ page up, ctrl+ page down will move to first or last row , tab or shift+ tab moves right/ left one column.

You might also find the FORM view useful to possibly see more values of an observation.

GFW
Obsidian | Level 7 GFW
Obsidian | Level 7

hi @ballardw, thanks for your reply.

Sorry for my unclear description, what exactly I mean for using mouse scroll is to browse the variables of observations.

Your answer is quite helpful, although browsing with mouse scrolling seems unavailable in the Viewtable so far.

Additionally, F7 is equal to Page UpF8 to Page Down in my SAS, and Ctrl+PgUp or PgDn is not working.

A SAS version difference?

ballardw
Super User

@GFW wrote:

Sorry for my unclear description, what exactly I mean for using mouse scroll is to browse the variables of observations.

Your answer is quite helpful, although browsing with mouse scrolling seems unavailable in the Viewtable so far.

Additionally, F7 is equal to Page UpF8 to Page Down in my SAS, and Ctrl+PgUp or PgDn is not working.

The key differences could be SAS version or OS dependent. You should be able to assign commands to function keys. Open a Viewtable to make that the active window and then issue the KEYS command using the command box. That should open a KEYS window. You might want to add KEYS as the command for F9 (sort of common for many windows).

The VIEWTABLE command reference shows what you could assign to the various keys shown in the Keys window. For navigation you might find:

BACKWARD <n>  to move toward the top n lines, the actual keys entry to move back 20 lines would be: Backward 20

BOTTOM move to bottom of table, this is what the ctrl-Page down should do

FORWARD <n> , similar to Backward in the other direction

TOP move to top of the table, ctrl-Page up

If you use many tables with the same structure/ variables and find yourself frequently wanting the same variables you may want consider adding

Columns entries: Columns 'Year City customerid' for example would display only the listed variables. The quotes are needed

Columns _all_ would show all the variables.

HIDE will similarly hide selected variables, again a list of variables in quotes.

Hide or Columns without any argument will bring up a selection box

Also you may want to note that when you have a Viewtable open that the Edit, View and Table menus from the tool bar change somewhat to allow the actions from many of the commands in the reference.

GFW
Obsidian | Level 7 GFW
Obsidian | Level 7

@ballardw wrote:

@GFW wrote:

The key differences could be SAS version or OS dependent. You should be able to assign commands to function keys. Open a Viewtable to make that the active window and then issue the KEYS command using the command box. That should open a KEYS window. You might want to add KEYS as the command for F9 (sort of common for many windows).

The VIEWTABLE command reference shows what you could assign to the various keys shown in the Keys window. For navigation you might find:

BACKWARD <n>  to move toward the top n lines, the actual keys entry to move back 20 lines would be: Backward 20

BOTTOM move to bottom of table, this is what the ctrl-Page down should do

FORWARD <n> , similar to Backward in the other direction

TOP move to top of the table, ctrl-Page up

If you use many tables with the same structure/ variables and find yourself frequently wanting the same variables you may want consider adding

Columns entries: Columns 'Year City customerid' for example would display only the listed variables. The quotes are needed

Columns _all_ would show all the variables.

HIDE will similarly hide selected variables, again a list of variables in quotes.

Hide or Columns without any argument will bring up a selection box

Also you may want to note that when you have a Viewtable open that the Edit, View and Table menus from the tool bar change somewhat to allow the actions from many of the commands in the reference.

Thanks a lot, man.

It's useful. I think I need to read SAS documents thoroughly to get all the functions available there.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation