BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bhadero
Calcite | Level 5

I can't seem to figure out why my program isn't working? I am new to this and was following a lecture but I don't know what I did wrong.

So far, I had uploaded the sas7bdat file to my content folder and I think that may be where I messed up.

The program I have is:

libname CLEAN_D "/home/u63338364/My_Content";
options nocenter;

proc sort data=clean_d.FINC651FundData
out=ret;
by name;
run;

I then get the error. Again, I am pretty new to this so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a screen shot:

bhadero_0-1680543911941.png

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

It looks like your LIBNAME statement is missing a folder. The files that you show pictures of are in the FINC651 folder inside MyContent.

Also, are you sure that your version of studio isn't going to have issues with mixed case names?

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The picture you showed there is a file named finc651funddatat.sas7bdat in a folder named FINC651.

But your libref CLEAN_D is pointing to a folder named My_Content. 

From the error message there is no file named finc651funddata.sas7bat in the My_Content folder.

We cannot tell from your picture whether or not you copied the dataset into that directory also since it might be below the folder FINC651 and so scrolled off the bottom of the screen.

bhadero
Calcite | Level 5

Such a simple error I made not having the correct folder!

Thank you to all who replied!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation