BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Spzy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I installed SAS on my PC on Windows 10 but upgraded to Windows 11 and SAS is not running anymore. What tweaks can I make to correct this?

Spzy_0-1697561372063.png

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Pretty clear error: the license version you have is not supported on the new Windows install. Since you have a license you should be able to contact the source of the license to get an upgrade to the new version. Should not be any additional cost if purchased directly from SAS. Not sure about other venues.

Also, the version of SAS may need to upgrade. Go to this page https://support.sas.com/supportos/list for compatibility information. If your SAS version is not at least SAS 9.4.7 you will need to upgrade.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What maintenance release of SAS 9.4 is it? M6 and later should be OK on Windows 11.

LillyBates
Calcite | Level 5

Reinstall SAS on Windows 11. Sometimes, the upgrade process messes with existing installations. Give that a shot and see if it kicks SAS back into gear. If that doesn't do the trick, check out the SAS website for any Windows 11-specific updates or versions. They might have a patch or a new release that's tailored for the new OS. And here's a little tip for future reference: there's a Windows 10 Pro Product Key subreddit that can be super helpful. Those folks are tech wizards, and they might have some insights or workarounds.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation