BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasuser94
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am fairly new to SAS 9.4 and I'm trying to format time that is equivalent to my times in the excel sheet. I imported the data and ran a proc print and it showed the times i wanted in 24 hour like i wanted but when i run a proc means to get the average time it displays a several digit number. I was wondering if someone could help me with coding this. 

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If the means procedure does not carry over the format to the average in the output, I would let it create a dataset and then apply the format to the variable with proc datasets (or a data step if performance is not an issue).

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

Us a fixed length format.  Means is the average of all observations being evaluated.  that is why as a programmer you need to take control of your wants and sometimes force them into a format.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation