BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi to all,

Kindly, I'm new to SAS, can any one help me with below error I getting while run a sas flow?

The error is this:

ERROR: ORACLE connection error: ORA-12545 Connection filed because target host or object does not exists.

ERROR: Error in the libname statement.

ERROR: Libname is not assigned.

Strange thing is that the above error happens randomly. It doesn't always happen when I run the SAS Flow.

What does it depend on?

Can any one help me to undestand the problem?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@vinpres wrote:

Hi @AnandVyas 

It's configured for one user only.

But my questions is: what means "error in the libname statement" and "Libname is not assigned"?

Thanks

It means that somewhere in a LIBNAME statement you have something that is not legal.

The "LIbname is not assigned" means that a library is not going to be available. Almost certainly because of the error referenced.

So you will not be able to use that library.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @vinpres 

The error clearly states that connection failed as it wasn't able to connect to oracle host. Do you have the correct oracle environment variables defined for each user to properly resolve host address or are these set for a single user only?

vinpres
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @AnandVyas 

But my questions is: what means "error in the libname statement" and "Libname is not assigned"?

Thanks

ballardw
Super User

@vinpres wrote:

Hi @AnandVyas 

Thanks

It means that somewhere in a LIBNAME statement you have something that is not legal.

The "LIbname is not assigned" means that a library is not going to be available. Almost certainly because of the error referenced.

So you will not be able to use that library.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation