BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shamma
Calcite | Level 5
I am unable to write data from sas to microsoft word...

Filename test dde 'winword|"c:desktop\sample.doc"!MARK' notab;
Data _null_;
File test;
Put 'hello sas';
Run;
4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

In addition to Microsoft no longer pushing DDE there are other programs that interfere with the communication channels that DDE attempts to use.

I had one program that used DDE that I only needed about once a year.

One year the program that had been working didn't create the output. I spent hours looking through the changes to my system and came to a new program installed, Cisco Jabber, that was the culprit. Not only did I have to stop the program from running I had to go into the Windows Task Manager an KILL the process to get my program to work.

Other programs, and I have no idea of all of them, are likely to have similar interference.

Plus there are the bits about code that can be dependent on the version of Office installed to correctly reference files for operations like Save.

You can place any SAS output that writes to the RESULT window inside an ODS sandwich to direct output to an RTF or Word document.

ods rtf file="C:\folder\subfolder\sample.rtf";

proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;

ods rtf close;
Shamma
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you so much Kurt Bremser and Ballardw.
Bravez
Obsidian | Level 7

This new solution can meet your wish. It works similar to DDE, i.e. inject values to paragraphs of text, any cell of choice in tables, and charts, working well in both Word and PowerPoint. One-Click Report Automation - An automated and user friendly workflow for efficient, flexible, and e...

Ming Zou, MD PhD
SAS Hackathon 2022 - RepTik Analytics Solution, www.reptik.swiss
Easy report generation cross-platform. Create, format, and modify your tables & reports with the ease of Office Software and fill in with data from any source automatically via RepTik PDR technology.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation