BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dayuan
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to install SAS 9.4 on my pc, but I am very confused with setting CGI tools information as shown in 2 pictures attached. I have searched the whole software package and did not find any useful information about CGI tools. Also, the setting of CGI tools could not be skipped...May I know what are CGI tools? Where can I find the input information to continue my sas installation? If possible, are there any step-by-step SAS installation guide for rookie sas users with zero computer knowledge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Ok, one of the first windows you see usually has a list of check boxes of what to install and what to not select. You selected an option (Web Report Studio, WRS) that requires a server so you need to uncheck that one. I don't install SAS anymore so I can't see it right now to give you more details but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on here.

You probably only really want SAS Foundation and a few of the others, so read it through carefully and understand what you're installing. 

SAS is an enterprise software, its not really intended to be easy to install for students since there's so many options. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
Are you installing this for a company or as a single user? I suspect you clicked something in the previous screens that is now trying to install a component you don't need.
dayuan
Obsidian | Level 7

HI Reeza, 

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I try to install sas for my pc as a single users. But I checked my previous step and did not find anything abnormal... FYI, I bought SAS from school software shop, and I do not know if it matters for my issue...

Reeza
Super User

Ok, one of the first windows you see usually has a list of check boxes of what to install and what to not select. You selected an option (Web Report Studio, WRS) that requires a server so you need to uncheck that one. I don't install SAS anymore so I can't see it right now to give you more details but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on here.

You probably only really want SAS Foundation and a few of the others, so read it through carefully and understand what you're installing. 

SAS is an enterprise software, its not really intended to be easy to install for students since there's so many options. 

dayuan
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much, Reeza! After I unchecked the box of CGI, I do not have the problem~

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation