BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Appy18
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I am facing a problem in accessing .sas7bcat files that I downloaded from a database.

The files that I downloaded contained .sas7bdat and .sas7bcat files. I am able to access .sas7bdat but cant say the same about .sas7bcat.

Can anyone please help me in accessing those files and check whether it contains any desired datasets.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

SAS catalogs are specific to the environment (32/64 bit, big-endian vs little-endian, maybe even encodings) and the SAS version. There is no CEDA (Cross Environment Data Access) for them, like there is for datasets.

To move them from one environment to another, they need to be migrated, most easily by using proc cport in the current environment and proc cimport in the new.

Since former SAS versions/environments may not be available, it is always mandatory to keep the sources (data, programs) used to create those catalogs.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@Appy18 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am facing a problem in accessing .sas7bcat files that I downloaded from a database.

The files that I downloaded contained .sas7bdat and .sas7bcat files. I am able to access .sas7bdat but cant say the same about .sas7bcat.

Can anyone please help me in accessing those files and check whether it contains any desired datasets.

Thanks in advance.

What have you tried? Catalog-files are read by proc catalog.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation