BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ccavaco
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently trying to work on a problem that looks at performing a oneway ANOVA test, testing the three drugs’ effects on SBP (systolic blood pressure). What
is the overall p-value for the test? Using the Tukey (default) method of multiple
comparisons, what do you conclude about the three drug levels (Placebo, Drug A,
and Drug B)?

4 REPLIES 4
ccavaco
Calcite | Level 5

But I can not find the appropriate p-value 

Reeza
Super User
Show your output and indicate how you cannot find the p-value? Does that mean you do not get results or that you do not know where in the output to obtain the p-value?
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You don't show us your code, but I will assume that you are doing this Tukey test in PROC GLM. Next time show us your code, don't make me guess or assume.

In the MEANS statement, Tukey's multiple comparison generally does not produce p-values. It produces pairwise comparisons via the LINES option, which produces results like this:

PaigeMiller_0-1697147537749.png

You can also get the confidence intervals for pairwise comparison of means using the CLDIFF option, but again no p-values.

PaigeMiller_1-1697147597479.png

In the LSMEANS statement, with the PDIFF option, you can get p-values

PaigeMiller_0-1697184276846.png

--
Paige Miller
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Not sure if this tutorial talks about Tukey, but I still thought I would post it :

SAS Tutorial | What is ANOVA?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1s0ZXNTheo

by my colleague @AndyRavenna 

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation