BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am currently using SAS Version 8.2. I was wondering if I can run the same code that I have written and run on SAS Version 8.2 with SAS Version 9 without making any changes in the code? This is a general question so I just like to know that what kind of changes need to be done if V8 code will be run in V9 or V9 code will be run in V8?

I guess I have posted a question in correct section. If not, please suggest me the correct section to post this thread.

Regards,

Jigar.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi
This is really too broad a question. It really depends on the code you're submitting. You can review the What's New for SAS 9 here:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/whatsnew/91x/toc.htm
to see whether something in your code falls into these categories or has been enhanced.

Otherwise, Tech Support is your best source of help. To contact Tech Support, go to http://support.sas.com/ and in the left-hand navigation pane look for the link entitled, "Submit a Problem", under the Support heading.

If your question is specific to SAS/OR software ( http://www.sas.com/technologies/analytics/optimization/or/index.html ) or Mathematical Optimization and Operations Research, then there's a chance that someone may post an answer to your question. Otherwise, contact Tech Support for immediate help.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Cynthia,

Thanks for your quick response. I can understand that "What's new in SAS V9" cannot be used with SAS V8 as it is not available in that version and V9 code needs to be changed to run in V8 succesfully. But I want to know there is any other procedures or options or commands that needs to be changed in any case if V8 code is just used to run in V9. Lets say I have bunch of codes of all sorts of programming with macros and data step and sql and all, can I successfully execute all these codes of V8 in V9 without making any programming changes? If you upgrade your SAS from V6 to V8 to V9 over the time, my impression is V6 code should run in v9 without any changes as all features of v6 or v8 are in v9. So I just want to make sure that I have correct understanding?

Regards,

Jigar.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Personally, I can only tell you that my SAS 8 code ran successfully in SAS 9 without needing any changes. However, most of my code is limited to Base SAS procs: REPORT, TABULATE, FREQ, MEANS, UNIVARIATE, PRINT, SORT, DATA step, Macro, SAS/Graph procs and a few STAT procs -- REG, SURVEYREG, GLM, PRINCOMP.

However, this is exactly the kind of question you should ask of Tech Support.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation