BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cloudyhill
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello! I'm a new user to sas simulation studio. I have searched this question online but couldn't find an answer. What I am trying to do is to build a transportation simulator. There are packages at different locations that need to be picked up by trucks from different locations. I want to implement an optimization algorithm to assign packages to trucks at the end of each simulation day based on locations of trucks. Then trucks will pick up packages based on the assigned routes the next day. Is such thing achievable in simulation studio? E.g., use proc optmodel or just greedy heuristics in simulation studio? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
gergely_batho
SAS Employee

I never called a SAS program from SimStudio, but I would try the following:

Use SAS Program Block, triggering SAS code execution at the end of the simulation day with the InSubmitCode port.

Use InQueueData or InServerData ports together with Stats Collector Blocks or Dataset Writer Block to provide data from SimStudio to the SAS program.

Use Dataset Holder Block to read data into SimStudio provided by the SAS program.

cloudyhill
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for replying! I'm actually just giving it a shot as we are trying to build a toy model and the management team prefers simulation studio over Python for the first attempt. I will update when I have a chance to implement your idea.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation