BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Alonzo
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

I am using SAS Simulation Studio 13.2. After experiment, I would like to export (record) data, so I used stat Collector or dataset writer blocks.

However Sim studio fails to write data because of the following warning message.

: The application could not log on the server "localhost:5102". No server is available at that port on that machine.

Do you how I can fix this warning?

Thank you for all comments in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyLada
SAS Employee

If you are using a version of Simulation Studio that is prior to v14.1., make sure the SAS Server is launched.  You can launch the SAS IOM server by double clicking the file SAS_Sim_Server.bat in the folder launchSASServer where Simulation Studio is installed (usually C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASSimulationStudio\13.2\launchSASServer)

Once you run SAS_Sim_Server.bat, you can minimize the window that it opens, but don't close it.  

You will need to do this step every time you run a Simulation Studio model that reads or writes data.

Simulation Studio v14.1 no longer requires this step, however. 

Alonzo
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Emily.

I clicked SAS_SIM_Server.bat file and it returned an error: Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\objspawn'. Make sure you tped the name correctly, and then try again.

Basically SImulation studio can read SAS data, but it couldn't export any output.

I am curious whether I can modify output location. For example, when I use Stats Collector, location path is named as C:\SASSimStudio\projects\results\Stats Collector and I would like to change this location path as 

\\machine name\c$\......

I guess my SAS Simulation Studio is running on the server, so I need to put my machine name in fron of C: drive.

Thank you.

EmilyLada
SAS Employee

What version of Simulation Studio are you using?

Assuming it is not v14.1, then you might need to modify the files SAS_Sim_Server.bat and Sim_Obj_Spawn.cfg in your launchSASServer folder to point to the location of sas.exe on the machine you are using. It is possible that you have SAS installed in a non-standard location.   Be sure to save backups of the original files before modifying.

By default, a results folder will be created under the current project folder and any output data sets will be saved there.You can change the location of the results folder by right-clicking on your project name in the Simulation Studio Projects tree (upper left of the Sim Studio window) and selecting the option Results.

Alonzo
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS Simulation Studio 13.2.

I guess my computer could not find the server that has sim studio.

Thanks for your cooments!

fsamvura
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Emily,

I am using SAS Simulation Studio 12.1.

I got an admin to launch the batch file. The Window did open with message "IOM Server started" (or something similar) but the window kept closing itself. And the more with launched it, the less time it stayed open.

However, even when it was launched, I still got the same message about a server not being available at that port.

Regards,

Fred

EmilyLada
SAS Employee

I highly recommend installing v14.1 if possible.  Many changes to Simulation Studio have been made since v12.1, including major changes to the way the local SAS server is launched.  Sorry, I know that is not necessarily an ideal response, but the server updates in v14.1 were specifically designed to eliminate these types of problems with the SAS IOM server connection.

That being said, this sounds like a permissions issue.  When you run the .bat file to launch the server, it writes a log file.  If you do not have write permissions to the folder where the .bat file is located, then there will be problems.  You could try moving the entire launchSASServer directory to some location where you have write permissions and then launch the .bat file from there.  If that still doesn't work, then you might have to contact SAS technical support.  

Hope that helps!

fsamvura
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Emily, I was able to copy the files in another location and now everything works fine for SAS programs. I still need to see if it's going to be able to read the empirical data distribution. Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation