BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ed_Hughes_sas
SAS Employee

SAS 9.4M5, which includes SAS/OR 14.3 and SAS Simulation Studio 14.3, is now available to you! SAS/OR 14.3 delivers significant performance improvements in the LP, MILP, QP, and NLP solvers, and if you also license SAS Optimization, you can now invoke it and SAS/OR 14.3 from the same SAS session. SAS Simulation Studio adds support on Linux, something that many of our users have requested. SAS Simulation Studio also adds a new interface design, "Nimbus," to the current design, "Metal."  You can use the Configuration dialog box to choose between the two designs.

You can find SAS/OR documentation here and SAS Simulation Studio documentation here.

5 REPLIES 5
LAP
Quartz | Level 8 LAP
Quartz | Level 8

We deployed on a Linux grid and would like to take advantage of Sim Studio 14.3.   However,   we don't allow users to log into the production server, so running Sim Studio from a linux desktop environment will not work for us.   However, we do have a few licenses of JMP.   Can we run Sim Studio 14.3 (on our grid)  from a Windows JMP installation

Ed_Hughes_sas
SAS Employee

Formerly SAS Simulation Studio was available as a JMP add-on, but that offering was discontinued by the JMP team a few years ago.  You will need a SAS/OR desktop license to run SAS Simulation Studio.  We are working on making Sim Studio more broadly available--adding Linux support is just an initial step in that direction--but that's where we are at present.

I apologize sincerely for the delay in my response.

LAP
Quartz | Level 8 LAP
Quartz | Level 8
I think maybe I wasn't clear with my question. We run SAS in a Grid environment.... no desktop SAS installations and users are not allowed direct access onto the linux server. Users use Studio or EG to access.

However, we initially tested Sim Studio (before we purchased Grid and migrated to Linux) . At that time we didn't use the JMP add-in but we were able to configure JMP to use SIM Studio that was installed on our Windows server (again... there was no client installation except for JMP). Now that sim studio is on linux. Can we do the same thing.
Ed_Hughes_sas
SAS Employee

OK, sorry for misunderstanding.  Let me dig into this and I'll report back what I find.

Ed_Hughes_sas
SAS Employee

Can you please send me details on how you were able to use Sim Studio from JMP on Windows? 
Before assessing whether it's possible on Linux, we want to fully understand what you did on Windows. 
At this point, I think we are at a level of detail that warrants transitioning to email communication; 
my email address is Ed.Hughes@sas.com. Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation