BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
c04spoon
Calcite | Level 5
I had a question about multi-objective optimizations. I am more familiar with GAMS, but have gained increasing familiarity with the Optmodel language in SAS. I have a large LP with multiple objectives. Rather than following the classical weighted composite objective function, I wish to minimize or maximize an isolated objective, then use the objective as a constraint in the next level of optimization.

In GAMS, I would solve for the objective, then fix the upper/lower bound of the objective variable, and continue to the next level. I understand that Optmodel handles things somewhat differently (objectives do not appear to be regular variables per se, and cannot be fixed). As such, how would I go about a multi-level optimization model rather than a simultaneous composition of objectives into a less tractable weighted objective function? The only references I see to multi-objective optimizations are in the Genetic Algorithm literature, which is something I do not need to pursue currently.

Thanks in advance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation