BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi All,

I have developed a SAS ETL job on Windows developement environment and deployed it on Test environment on z/OS using FTP.

I observed that when the source code is transferred to z/OS though FTP, all the pipe characters ("||") used in the SAS job for concatenation operation are converted to the unwanted junk characters. (In most of the case by character "@@"). Due to these unwanted characters I am getting error during SAS Job execution. To avoid it, every time I transfer the source code, I need to replace these characters manually.

Is there any way by which we can transfer the SAS sources to z/OS without such character replacements.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards
- Kapil Agrawal
1 REPLY 1
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I would recommend using alternative characters, whenever possible, such as !! for concatenation, instead ||, and also avoid the "not sign" and choose mnemonics like NE instead of ^= depending on your code.

The FTP problem relates to the system-default codepage that's being used when transfering to z/OS (IBM mainframe). Research your options to override the codepage as needed, if you choose to continue with these special characters.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation