BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wkossack_nspirehealth_com
Calcite | Level 5

I have a continuing problem of converting xml output to xls

I've tried to write an excel macro to do the conversion but I can never get it to work consistently in batch on our windows server

I've started looking for a open source solution that can be run from a command line so it can either be run from SAS or a batch program.

In a quick search I found

Total XML to XLS converter from CoolUtils.com ($49.90)

Novixys Exult XML Conversion Wizard ($195)

anyone have experience with these or other utilities

6 REPLIES 6
Calcite | Level 5

I've see this before

the problem is it pops up a window looking for the xml file which causes problems with sequential batch runs.

We are running on a windows server

Reeza
Super User

It didn't for me...

Calcite | Level 5

I have been fighting this for more than a year.  I had an excel macro that was working but a windows update did something and my macro no longer works consistently.

Just like the windows update a year ago that made it so you can't open XML files as spreadsheets through a browser

Reeza
Super User

There's an line in the code that says Display Alerts = True, have you tried changing that to False?

I'm on a mac today, so can't test anything and don't have a windows server anyways Smiley Sad

Calcite | Level 5

I think this is resolved

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation