BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Is Microsoft Office 2000 still heavily used in your organization? Is your organization looking towards adopting Microsoft Office 2007 early in its release?

We are evaluating future support for Microsoft Office versions and wanted to gauge the importance of these two Microsoft Office versions to your organization.
9 REPLIES 9
BruceBrad
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Yes, and probably yes.
(a University research department).
MikeRhoads
Obsidian | Level 7
Here at Westat, we are currently using OfficeXP (2002) almost exclusively. So, interfacing with Office 2000 is not a priority for us, although naturally we still have documents in that format that we would like to be able to read.

I don't have any firm information yet about our plans for Office 2007, but very much doubt that we would be an early adopter.
JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
New employees are getting Office 2002, and old employees are being upgraded from previous versions (probably Office 2000) if and when they request it or get a new PC.

I doubt if we'll jump to Office 2003 or later immediately.
deleted_user
Not applicable
MikeRhoads said:
"Here at Westat, we are currently using OfficeXP (2002) almost exclusively. So, interfacing with Office 2000 is not a priority for us, although naturally we still have documents in that format that we would like to be able to read.

I don't have any firm information yet about our plans for Office 2007, but very much doubt that we would be an early adopter."

Same here at Santander Banespa.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Guys, just be very careful about upgrading your office pack.

Came across a system some years back – front end-end Excel, back end SAS. The company did a staged upgrade across their 3000 users, from Office 95 to Office 97. Although the front part of package looked much the same, they changed all the OLE commands at the back end. The guys re-write the system from scratch, and ask a very embarrassing question when the users logged in: Which version of Office do you have?

Do some investigation about what is changing in the background of the Office pack, and ensure that it does not impact on your Client / server applications.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Upgrading the entire company (100,000+) to Windows XP and Office XP in 2006, and no plans to early adopt Office Office 2007. The mantra is "to adopt early is to adopt bugs".
BobW_HBF_Oz
Fluorite | Level 6
We use Office 2000 exclusively. We are unlikely to be early adopters. I would say our most likely path will be Office 2003 sometime in 2007.....
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
We are in the middle of rolling out Windows XP and Office 2003 right now. We're likely to stay 'here' for 3 to 5 years.
ChrisJones
Calcite | Level 5
I have just (reluctantly) upgraded my Office 2k installation to Offie 2k3. This was effectively dictated by my customer's now all being on 2003. If Microsoft issue their ordinary partners with office 12 then I will upgrade then, but only if I can retain 2003 to support my customers.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation