BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tony2u
Calcite | Level 5
I have some .sas7bdat files that i want to access via odbc on windows 7. i downloaded and installered the SAS ODBC drivers. While setting up the driver in the ODBC administrator the driver menu is asking for a server reference? Not sure what this needs to be. I suppose there is another configuration i need to make so i can select something and then have a reference to the .sas7bdat files. Please advise and thank u for responding.
1 REPLY 1
MikeMcKiernan
SAS Employee

In order to read the .sas7bdat files, Base SAS needs to be installed on the machine (so the driver can invoke PROC ODBCSERV) or files must be somewhere that a SAS/SHARE server can access them. 

Regarding the local access choice, see the information about the "Startup Parameters" at http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odbcdref/63700/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n170ibo0gfz633n1x...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation