BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tony2u
Calcite | Level 5
I have some .sas7bdat files that i want to access via odbc on windows 7. i downloaded and installered the SAS ODBC drivers. While setting up the driver in the ODBC administrator the driver menu is asking for a server reference? Not sure what this needs to be. I suppose there is another configuration i need to make so i can select something and then have a reference to the .sas7bdat files. Please advise and thank u for responding.
1 REPLY 1
MikeMcKiernan
SAS Employee

In order to read the .sas7bdat files, Base SAS needs to be installed on the machine (so the driver can invoke PROC ODBCSERV) or files must be somewhere that a SAS/SHARE server can access them. 

Regarding the local access choice, see the information about the "Startup Parameters" at http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odbcdref/63700/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n170ibo0gfz633n1x...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation