BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Cyndie
Fluorite | Level 6

My PC was upgraded (in place upgrade) from windows 7 to windows 10 and office 10 to office 365 (2016).  I did not reinstall SAS.

The code that worked before the upgrade is:

PROC IMPORT OUT= WORK.bigfixraw

DATAFILE= "C:\Users\cyndie\Documents\ProjectsLocal\bigfix\bigfix.xlsx"

DBMS=XLXS REPLACE;

RANGE="oct3$";

run;

Now I get the following error:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source

name not found and no default driver specified

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cyndie
Fluorite | Level 6

After uninstalled and reinstalling the PC SAS FIle server did not correct the probrlem, I uninstalled and reinstalled SAS.  SAS access is working properly.  The windows and office upgrades were done in place and  I would not be at all surprised if there there is something in the SAS install process that detects the OS or Office version and broke when office was upgraded. 

I only used the import function as a troubleshooting tool--generally I use code and modify it as needed.    I starting using SAS Access back in the dinasour age so this issue was not a huge surprise to me.. I was just hoping I could  get around doing a fresh install.

Thanks everyone for your contributions. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JediApprentice
Pyrite | Level 9

It looks like you need to uninstall your current SAS PC Files Server and download & install the Windows (32-Bit) version of the SAS PC Files Server to match your 32-Bit version of Office. Follow the directions on this page:

http://support.sas.com/kb/44/284.html

Cyndie
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks.  I confirmed that Ihave the 32 bit SAS file server installed  which matches the 32 bit office.  And SAS with excel prior to the upgrades when the OS was 64 bit, SAS was 64 bit, and Office was  32 bit.   To be on the safe side al unintalled and reinstalled the PC SAS 32 bit file server.  There was no change.

Cyndie
Fluorite | Level 6

Until  get this worked out I will use ,csv format

ballardw
Super User

You may want to go one step further if you are going to be reading multiple files with similar data and save the data step created by proc import an possibly modify it by changing variable names, adding variable labels, making informats for character variables larger if likely to change. Then modify that program to point to new input files and change the output data set name.

This way all of your variables will remain as you specify. Proc import guesses as to variable type and length and may change characteristics when guessing for a different file.

Cyndie
Fluorite | Level 6

After uninstalled and reinstalling the PC SAS FIle server did not correct the probrlem, I uninstalled and reinstalled SAS.  SAS access is working properly.  The windows and office upgrades were done in place and  I would not be at all surprised if there there is something in the SAS install process that detects the OS or Office version and broke when office was upgraded. 

I only used the import function as a troubleshooting tool--generally I use code and modify it as needed.    I starting using SAS Access back in the dinasour age so this issue was not a huge surprise to me.. I was just hoping I could  get around doing a fresh install.

Thanks everyone for your contributions. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation