BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I'm running 9.3 64bit and office 2010  32bit 

When I run proc export I get this:

19   proc export data=sashelp.shoes outfile="filename.xls"  dbms=excelcs replace;

22   run;

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]General error Unable to open registry key Temporary (volatile) Ace DSN for process 0x1b28

Thread 0x1040 DBC 0x2f2e004

I quick search  shows this error to be quite common but no one seems to have soluttion.

I have the PC files server 32bit installed and 2010 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components (ACE) installed.

R

6 REPLIES 6
Fluorite | Level 6

Now it gets interesting:

I tried changing the outfile="filename.xls" to outfile="filename.xlsx"

Now it appears to work but creates a file named filename.xls  NOT filename.xlsx  which can be opened in Excel but is actuallu an xlsb  format file.

R

Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I think I have cracked it! You need to use the full path of the input/output files.

eg.

proc export data=sashelp.shoes outfile="c:\somedir\filename.xls"  dbms=excelcs replace;

run;

Its implied in the docs but not that its required.

R

Fluorite | Level 6

However the import/export wizards appear to be broken! (Don't use the full path).

R

art297
Opal | Level 21

FWIW: You're not alone in this .. we've all run into the same problems .. but DON'T have an answer.  To the contrary, I'm sure that many of us (I can only speak for one of course) have been hoping that someone from SAS would chime in with the obvious, simple solution.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Their answer will be it is fixed in Version 9.4 Smiley Wink....

mbeauchamp
Calcite | Level 5

Try:

PROC EXPORT DBMS=XLSX

Command writes files directly in xlsx format without the need for PC Files Server.  I tried it and works fine now, Chris Hemdinger explains in the link below.

How do I export from SAS to Excel files: Let me count the ways - The SAS Dummy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation