BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EdvinasS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, we have problem in using excel add-in. if we load data table bgiger than ~30 MB  and run any task from many (for axample tasks->describe->summary statistics) excel crashes. it works fine with smaller datasets. is there any solution for that? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
EdvinasS
Calcite | Level 5

we are using sas 9.3 and  excel 2007

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

How many columns and rows are in your SAS dataset that is causing the failure, and how many MB is it? I'm trying to replicate your problem.

Tom

EdvinasS
Calcite | Level 5

it is about 20 000 000 rows and 50 columns. most of them are text with ~16 symbols length.  im not able to check the size of it...

Quentin
Super User

Hi,

That sounds odd.  If you are running summary statistics, then you probably aren't returning a lot of data to Excel.  What happens if you try to run the descriptive statistics from Enterprise Guide or similar? 

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
EdvinasS
Calcite | Level 5

EG works fine. for example we run tasks-> .. -> summary statistics with filter by one column equal to currency USD. when we press OK to run it crashes.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I've replicated your functions and volume, and my Excel works fine. I would suggest reporting this to SAS technical support; they may know how to do detailed troubleshooting. I suspect the contributors to this forum won't be able to help with a problem of this nature.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation