BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Has anyone had any success writing SAS Output to Sharepoint Document Libraries?

I found a SUGI Paper on the topic here:
http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/390-2009.pdf

I've experimented with the first method described by the author.
(Writing ODS output to Fileshares using fully-resolved File path names is a technique I use frequently.)

Attempting to write to the File path I get the following error message:
ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access \\mysite.Sharepoint.domain\personal\Username\Shared
Documents\Test Document Folder\Site_Test2.html

If this worked it would be exactly what I'm looking for.
Does anyone write SAS Reports to a Sharepoint Doc Library?

Other Question:
In the document the author states:
"When writing to a SharePoint document library via a UNC path on Microsoft Windows Server, the Web Client Service must be enabled."

Does anyone know what he's talking about?
I run SAS via Enterprise Guide and a remote SAS server.
Does this refer to a setting on the Sharepoint Server, the SAS Server, or my local Machine?

Thanks to anyone who can provide some guidance.
6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you read the entire parenthetical remark in that paper, it implies that the Web Client services is technology that belongs to Windows/Microsoft:

(Note: When writing to a SharePoint document library via a UNC path on Microsoft Windows Server, the Web Client Service must be enabled. This service allows you to access WebDav resources over HTTP. You can enable the Web Client Service via the Windows Services snap-in on the Microsoft Management Console.)

If you Google the Microsoft Management Console "snap-in", you will find links that explain the MMC, and this is one of them:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/microsoft_management_console.htm

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Through Control Panels => Administrative Tools => Computer Management => Services , I navigated to the WebClient service on my local machine.

There is no property I can find called "Enable", but it is "Started" and appears to be running correctly.

It suggests that the setting needs to be enabled on the machine actually executing the SAS code, in this case our remote SAS Server for EG.
(Or possibly the server running Sharepoint, though I consider that less likely.)

I expect that the author of the paper didn't anticipate running SAS remotely via EG.

Always a pain for us as our site does not run a test SAS Server, so when a solution requires changes to the box actually running SAS our Internal support require a lot of convincing.

That or there is a problem with my code. Message was edited by: Bjorn@Enbridge
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
I'd recommend working with Tech Support on this one -- configuring servers and making things work with Sharepoint needs to be tested by folks who understand the platforms and issues involved.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Just to be 100% clear -
Do you suggest engaging with SAS Technical Support or our Internal Support?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
I thought that you might start with SAS Tech Support so they could verify what it is you need to change on your server and so they could also give you help with directions that you could then take to your own server folks to implement.

cynthia
LisaXu
Fluorite | Level 6

Did anyone figure out a solution to write SAS output to a sharepoint location? I'm also looking for an answer...Thanks!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation