BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JHenry
Fluorite | Level 6

As per the following image I have the following installed:

https://pasteboard.co/GWnARb2.png

I was having some issues with ms office so I ran the tool located at: 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf...

titled:

Completely uninstall Office 2016 with the easy fix tool (Option 2 for 2016 edition)

when it had finished it said something about Office 2010 but put that it failed to uninstall with a red x, I remember when installing Sas it installed some office 2010 tools seperatly, as I am still quite new to SAS as a student, can anyone advise me how I would check that these office 2010 tools are installed via SAS still just ? I have already checked the obvious in uninstall programs. With windows being windows I want to make sure its not corrupted any files or anything like that.

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You just want to check that you'll still be able to use SAS along with MS Office integration such as import Excel files, export Excel files, etc?  Did you reinstall any version of MS Office after your uninstall?

Best way to check is to try to do those tasks in SAS that you know have MS Office integration points.  Aside from the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office, most SAS tools don't need a version of MS Office installed.  Instead, they rely on the ACE drivers or Microsoft data access components, which can be installed separately (and which might be what you remember seeing when you installed SAS).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
JHenry
Fluorite | Level 6

I am not to sure what tasks I would need to even do.I checked in workstation and I can still import excel files. I installed 32 bit office 2016 after installation. Best way to check is to try to do those tasks <-- Not sure what tasks I would even perform to check this.

JHenry
Fluorite | Level 6

Update: I now ran that installer again, this time it mentioned nothing of office 2010 which was strange and yet worrying. Now I have microsoft office 2016 and visio (thus the constant uninstalling and installing, trying to get these both working on a machine is a pain) I think best thing going forwards, if you could help me devise a list to test all of my SAS to make sure its not missing anything important that would be great!

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @JHenry,

could you also get SAS reports on Excel or Word? I mean, did you have also a SAS addon in your Office tools?

If you did, after reinstalling Office, you probably will need to reinstall the addon, or either to re-register the COM addon within the Office tools, if you know how to do it.

Besides this, what you could check is:

- If you had the addon, check if the addon loads when you open Word or Excel

- With SAS Base or EG, try to export a SAS dataset into an Excel file

JHenry
Fluorite | Level 6

The funny thing is I don't really use the office features that much, I was mainly wanting to make sure its not corrupted SAS in some other non related to Office way by installing it, just usually when you mess up a microsoft product it can cripple your system along with software that are not even ran by microsoft, I was just being overly cautious I think. 

However I did try and export some data in Base SAS via file menu option and I got the following output in the log:

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
NOTE: File "C:\Users\Usernamehere\Desktop\New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.xlsx" is removed for replacement.
ERROR: Connect: Class not registered
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
NOTE: Attachments for -9 reestablished for new parent.
NOTE: Export Cancelled.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

If using 64-bit SAS and 32-bit office, that error is most likely explained by this:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/05/01/64-bit-gotchas/

Not related to a corrupt install, just a difference in bit architecture.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
JHenry
Fluorite | Level 6
I am using 64 bit office for definite, that was what caused this all in the first place, I uninstalled 32 bit office because I wanted 64 bit office installed. So yeah, both SAS and Office are 64 bit I even checked in the about box in office to make sure.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation