BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LAP
Quartz | Level 8 LAP
Quartz | Level 8
We are using Forecast Studio to set up and run large amounts of forecasts. Each project has it's own directory with a folder called hierarchy. In Hierarchy, there could be multiple folders depending upon how you set up the project hierarchies. In each hierarchy level there are multiple SAS data set created.

We would like to allow users access to the data at the project folder level and allow them to drill down to folder containing project/hierarchy level data. In EG, we can look at the server view and see libraries and files. We can expand files and find the project directory/hierachy level desired. However, in AMO when we open a data source from server the only thing we seem to have access to is defined libraries. Why? What are we missing ? How do we make this work for the AMO users?

(Defining a separate library for each project/hierarchy level would be a nightmare)
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Hi,

You didn't say whether you are using the Forecast Studio Open Project wizard within SAS Add-In for Office. Are you? You should be able to open a hierarchical project from there.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
LAP
Quartz | Level 8 LAP
Quartz | Level 8
I'm not sure what the Forecast Studio Open Project wizard is or how to get to it....?

I don't see anything my menus. Do I have to do something in Management Console?
LAP
Quartz | Level 8 LAP
Quartz | Level 8
I found the Forecast Studio Open Project Wizard but am getting errors..

"There was an error attempting to run the 'Forecast Studio Open Project' task:

A Forecasting session cannot be extablished: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly."

Not sure what this is as I can see and open data in my library definitions on the same server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation