BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Florent
Quartz | Level 8
Hello,

When I try to import a table from access in a sas program, I always receive the same error message. Could you help me to fix it ?

Here is the LOG :

20 /**********************/
21 /* Import access data */
22 /**********************/
23 %let
23 ! mdba_data_tariffs= .....EAGLE.MDB;
28 Proc import out=WORK.T_Campaigns
29 datatable="T_Campaigns"
30 dbms=access replace;
ERROR: DBMS type ACCESS not valid for import.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

31 database="&mdba_data_tariffs";
32 run;

P.S : on a local pc it does work but there on the server it doesn't.

Thanks in advance,
Florent
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
This is probably a question for Tech Support. If you check Tech Support notes for that (or similar) error message, you find
http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/006/006976.html
almost the same message for PROC EXPORT because SAS/Access to PC File Formats is not licensed on the server machine (where EG is executing the code).

Your site may have licensed SAS/Access for PC File Formats (PCFF) on the local machine but it is possible that the SAS/Access package was not installed on your server or installed on the server where you need it. For more help with this problem, you should contact Tech Support to see whether the note above also applies to PROC IMPORT as well as PROC EXPORT.

cynthia
Florent
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for your answer.

After a small check with the server's team, the SAS/Access is not licensed on the server so it's not a problem linked to my program.

I just have to wait they purchase the license and install the component 🙂

Thank you again,

Florent

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation