BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jordanw1993
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

Would anyone be able to explain the following error message a little further as I am unsure what is causing it:

The parameter *pBookmark is invalid for CPage::Load.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: System.ArgumentException
Message: The parameter *pBookmark is invalid for CPage::Load.
Target Site: GetRows

Stack Trace:
at ADODB.RecordsetClass.GetRows(Int32 Rows, Object Start, Object Fields)
at SAS.Servers.Dataset.Read(Int32 startRow)
at SAS.OfficeAddin.Rendering.ExcelDataRenderer.RenderSasData(SasDataSource dataSource, Range destination, RenderState state, RenderOptions options, Int32 cachedRowCount)
at SAS.OfficeAddin.ExcelAddin.ProcessDataView(JobContext context, Range destination)
at SAS.OfficeAddin.ExcelAddin.ProcessDataViews(JobContext context)
at SAS.OfficeAddin.OfficeAddinBase.PostProcessJob(JobContext jobContext, Boolean promptOnErrors)

The issue arises when opening a SAS data source.

I'm using SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office version 7.100.0.2122.

Thanks,

Jordan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

That callstack indicates that you were attempting to open a data set into an Excel sheet, but an error occurred while the Add-in was attempting to read records from the data source.  That should not happen.  At a minimum you should be given a friendly, helpful error message.  I recommend contacting SAS Tech Support.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

What type of SAS "data source" are you attempting to open? Can you show the path/file name?

Triple check spelling and if the source is open or in use by SAS, that might be an issue.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

That callstack indicates that you were attempting to open a data set into an Excel sheet, but an error occurred while the Add-in was attempting to read records from the data source.  That should not happen.  At a minimum you should be given a friendly, helpful error message.  I recommend contacting SAS Tech Support.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

jordanw1993
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for the insight, I will get in contact with Tech Support

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation