BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tlk
Quartz | Level 8 tlk
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I wonder if anyone had this problem, I execute  a report  from Excel, it's a proc print from a sashelp table, something simple to test my problem.   The stored proc execute, the log is fine no error, but the status window indicate that the report failed and nothing show up on my sheet...

Thanks!

Laurent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tlk
Quartz | Level 8 tlk
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

As I was work with SAS TS, I found what was the problem, in June IT dept changed the unc path(where is My SAS File directory).  The AMOOptions.xml file is created the first time we use AMO...  the file was created before the unc path change...  The quick way to correct this is to delete the file and AMO will recreate it or edit the file to change the unc path.

Hope this help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The reason for the stored process not delivering results to Excel are usually that:

1) you have specified the wrong destination -- for example, your stored process might have an override to use ODS PDF and that is not one of the result types that Excel can receive and open

2) you don't have the right stored process elements, such as %STPBEGIN; and %STPEND; in your code.

Someone will have to look at ALL your code for the stored process and ALL your stored process settings.

When I register and run THIS stored process on my image of the BI Platform, it runs for me in EG, Web Report Studio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and produces results:

%stpbegin;

proc print data=sashelp.class;

run;

%stpend;

I think your best resource in this situation is to open a track with Tech Support. You say in your note that the status window says the report failed. You will need to capture the exact text of the failure message for Tech Support.

cynthia

tlk
Quartz | Level 8 tlk
Quartz | Level 8

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

It runs fine in EG, it's just in Excel, Word and Powerpoint,  I cannot try it on the Web platform, it is not functioning right now(it's another story!). I opened a track given  a sceenshot of the status window and the log.

tlk
Quartz | Level 8 tlk
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

As I was work with SAS TS, I found what was the problem, in June IT dept changed the unc path(where is My SAS File directory).  The AMOOptions.xml file is created the first time we use AMO...  the file was created before the unc path change...  The quick way to correct this is to delete the file and AMO will recreate it or edit the file to change the unc path.

Hope this help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation