BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Bill Gibson will be presenting a paper on the new features available with Release 2.1 of SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office. Make sure you attend to learn about Microsoft PowerPoint support and all the other new features.

Date: Tuesday, March 28th
Time: 8:00am
4 REPLIES 4
deleted_user
Not applicable
Does this release of AMO integrate with PowerPoint and more importantly, does it let you work with Visual Studio 2003 as does Crystal Reports?
deleted_user
Not applicable
This release does integrate with PowerPoint. You can run Stored Processes or Tasks directly from PowerPoint just like you can Excel or Word.

As for the question about Visual Studio 2003, I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Can you provide a little more information?

Thanks,
Jennifer
deleted_user
Not applicable
What I am attempting to do is to determine how to connect to a SAS Data Source through Visual Studio. When using the Add Connection in Visual Studio, the options for my installation currently include: Microsoft Access, Microsoft ODBC Data Source, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Database File, Microsoft SQL Server Mobile Edition, and Oracle Database. The idea behind the question being that the Add-in would make the connection possible rather than having to manually code the linkages to a report created through Visual Studio.
Bill_SAS
SAS Employee
We have no plans, currently, to support Visual Studio in the same way we support Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. You can use the Add Connection tool to connect to SAS data. In VS 2003 all data providers are shown on the main list, but in VS 2005 only the ones you listed are shown. You can get to the Data Link Dialog by choosing "" (which is listed under those choices for me) and choosing ".NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB". Once you do that you get to this screen where you can pick the provider you want as well as click "Data Links…" for the Data Link Dialog. Be aware that there are some limitations. When you drag the table to your application errors are generated. For one example, since our table names are in the form 'libname.tablename' the select statement generated is:

select "libname.tablename".* from "libname.tablename"

Still, this will get you pretty far towards using the VS tools to create a connection to SAS data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation