BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gsnidow
Obsidian | Level 7

Greetings all

I was looking for a quick way to see what's in a dataset before I open it with SAS, and I was able to use the sas.LocalProvider to create an ADO connection in Excel, and populate a sheet.  As I understand it, the four providers are installed when SAS is installed, so for those of us in my group who have SAS, there is no issue with not having the provider installed.  However, there are some of us who do not have SAS, and I was thinking they might also be able to use my VBA code if we can get the providers installed.  I did find them available for download from SAS, but I do not know if they will work if SAS is not installed on the machine.  Also, I was wondering how to get the Office Addin, and whether or not SAS needs to be installed for that to work?  We have scads of datasets on a shared drive, and I am just looking for an easy way for users without SAS to be able to open them if they need to.  Thank you.

Greg

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Aside from issues of how to get the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office (as either part of the BI Platform install or the Office Analytics install), how about the simple (and free to download) SAS Universal Viewer??

http://support.sas.com/software/products/univiewer/index.html

cynthia

gsnidow
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Cynthia, I did not know such a thing existed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation