BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TJT07
Calcite | Level 5
A recent upgrade of our SAS software (8.2 to 9) has revealed a bug that we have yet to resolve, I'm hoping someone may have seen this before. For many years, we've successfully created SAS datalib's and use the following code to export the datalib and replace the existing Access table:

proc export data = datalib.GLDownload
outtable = "GLDownload 3"
dbms = Access
replace;
database= "\\sassrvr\datalib\glfile.mdb";

Our IT dept is in the process of upgrading SAS from version 8.2 to 9.0. We had to convert all our programs and datasets to the new version and began testing. Everything has been successfully converted and tested except for the 3 programs where we use this technique.

The problem occurs on currency fields that are negative. Somewhere between the datalib, which is correct, and the Access table, the value comes into the table one cent less!!! Again, only if the value is negative, positive numbers are corrrect.

We use Access 2003, SAS tried to recreate the problen in Access 2000 and it did not occur.
I also tried exporting to Excel and that worked fine.

Does anyone have any experience or fixes? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Does your data contain large numbers (and maybe need to be in DOUBLE datatype in Access)?
Then have a look at this:

http://support.sas.com/kb/15/118.html

Else, I suggest that you contact SAS support to resolve this issue.

/Linus
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation