BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am having a very hard time finding any documentation or even prove that the SAS OLE DB source in SQL Server SSIS can be used or how it is configured to be used. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but it was the closest thing to Microsoft that I could find.

I need to use the OLE DB Source and eventually the OLE DB Destination in SSIS and I am getting the following error when I am trying to populate the list of "Tables"

A server error has occurred: ; fn=ydedopn; context =sasej9lib0901.dll; fn = ydedopn; context = sasej9lib0901.dll; fn = ydedopn; context =sasej9lib0901.dll

I have no idea what this means, and nether does Google. if anyone can point me in the correct direction I would greatly appreciate it.
4 REPLIES 4
Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9
Are you trying to access SQL Server data from SAS? The following document might help:

Accessing a Microsoft SQL Server Database from SAS on Microsoft Windows
http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts765.pdf
deleted_user
Not applicable
Actual I am trying to do the opposite. I am trying to get to SAS data from SQL Server SSIS. Thank you for your time though 🙂
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
To access SAS data via OLE DB/ODBC on a server, you need a SAS server session to respond the request. Most commonly a SAS/SHARE server is used. Further more, you need a license named SHARE*NET.
If your SAS data is stored in a SPD Server, you could use the server architecture (and license) within that product.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
sirpadk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I had the same issue, the solution was to change the datasource property in the connection string to point to the folder where the file is, and not specifically to the file it self.

If you use an SSIS Oledb Source, then just write the folder path in the "Server or file name" and that will work.

I wrote a blog post on this, you can read it here http://sqlserverjedi.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=146&action=edit&message=6&postpost=v2

I hope this help you too.

/Rafi

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation