when I open my sas file in excel then format hex32. is incorrect
in sas file: E7F0DFB3F28A1E7617752FED65B1232F
in excel: EFBFBDEFBFBDDFB3EFBFBD1E7617752F
just all values are changed to something else
any ideas what to check? 

3 REPLIES 3
AndresVeer
Calcite | Level 5

I use the Add-In for MS Office, just browsing in metadata sas file and open it and then in excel this hex32, format column changes,

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

My recommendation would be to convert the data to a character variable containing the formatted hex values, and provide that dataset for opening in Excel.

You have to keep in mind that the COM connection and the AMO transfer raw values, and you might have numeric or character conversions happening during that.

With EG we have also noticed that character variables that contain a 00x are cut off at that point; this is most probably due to the fact that many programming languages consider 00x to be a end-of-string marker.

$HEX32. makes me suspect you are working with UUID strings. In that case I'd recommend to convert to the standard 36-character UUID notation before the data transfer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation