BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CP2
Pyrite | Level 9 CP2
Pyrite | Level 9

I recently updated Office to 2016 and updated SAS and Add-In as well. Prior to this update when I open a SAS dataset in Excel using the Add-in it was displayed in a different color style. Now, I cannot assign a style to any file that is opened even after choosing a style as a default in the style manager under tools. I'd like the style to be different than other data in the workbook so that users will know that it is an updatable SAS dataset.

I thought it might be because of a security measure I have on my system so I copied one of the styles to my PC. It still didn't work. I have attached the security message I am getting. Even after clicking on the message and allowing the blocked content it still doesn't work. 

Does anyone know why the style manager is not working for loading a SAS dataset into Excel or if there is something specific I need to do with regard to the security of my PC??

Style Manager Security Message.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

looking at the .png file, the Saphire style is in C:\users... directory,

while all othe style files are in C:\program...

Maybe you have to move the style file to appropriate directory in order to work.

ballardw
Super User

Styles to be found must be in a template store that in the current template path. This code should show your current path

proc template;
path show;
run;

If the style you want is not in one of those locations then you either need to copy the style to one of the stores OR use the Proc Templat Path option to add the additional location to the path.

CP2
Pyrite | Level 9 CP2
Pyrite | Level 9
So do I need to run that as a task in the SAS Add-in while in Excel? I'm working in Excel using a SAS dataset
ballardw
Super User

@CP2 wrote:
So do I need to run that as a task in the SAS Add-in while in Excel? I'm working in Excel using a SAS dataset

Likely that would be something that needs to be done in SAS. I don't use the Add-in so I don't know specific details of what the add-in may be able to do.

CP2
Pyrite | Level 9 CP2
Pyrite | Level 9

oh ok. This is a SAS Add-in question for Excel. I used to load SAS datasets in different color and style prior to the upgrade for 2016 Office. Thanks anyway.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation