BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JDMTX
Fluorite | Level 6
Just started using the new SAS Add-In for MS Outlook and have encountered the situation where one user can view a web report using the add-in while a second user cannot view the web report via the add-in. Both users can view the report in WRS. Kind of figue that this is a permissions/configuration issue and wanted to ask if anyone in the community has encountered this?

Many Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
MikeB_sas
SAS Employee
Are there any error messages?
Can user view any reports/stored processes?
What version (2007/2010) of MS Outlook?

- Mike
JDMTX
Fluorite | Level 6
Mike -

I am seeing no apparent error messages and the only differences between the two users is that one is in the admins group and the other is in my analyst group.

The user can see the stored process and reports in the MS Outlook folder tree.

Running Outlook 2007.

Did the new version ship with a revised set of user roles? Thinking about moving the user temporarily to the admin group and see if she has an better luck.

James
MikeB_sas
SAS Employee
After attempting to run the report does the report area have the "empty" report watermark?

A few other things to try...

Verify that the report is queued to run by enabling the SAS status window (Tools | Options | SAS tab | Select "Show status window" | Ok).

Lastly try opening this same report in Excel.
JDMTX
Fluorite | Level 6
The document container in MS Outlook just contains white space.

Went ahead and installed the MS Outlook Add-In on a laptop and logged in as the user that is having problems. Bottom line is that the report rendered the report properly.

If I go into the directory C:\Documents and Settings\sasuser1\My Documents\My SAS Files\Add-In for Microsoft Outlook and delete all content in the directory and then rerun the report in MS Outlook via the Add-In will this not serve as a test to make sure that the server is properly rendering the report and placing it onto the users workstation? I have a sneaking suspicion that this may by third party software interfering with the rendering of the report in MS Outlook.
MikeB_sas
SAS Employee
James -

You are correct by checking the C:\Documents and Settings\sasuser1\My Documents\My SAS Files\Add-In for Microsoft Outlook folder will verify that the report ran correctly and was downloaded to client machine.

Is the third party software an addin to outlook? If so, where is the addin from and is it possible for me to install and verify?

- Mike
JDMTX
Fluorite | Level 6
Mike -

Before you go to the trouble of installing and testing any third party add-in, let me make sure that the job at least drops the report into the directory. In this case, the software is a MS Outlook Add-In from Nuance that is used to create pdf files. Not certain what version but will post in my next reply. When I open the SAS Web Report in MS Outlook, the default ribbon bar is for Nuance and not SAS. Will post some revised information once I can run a test on the users laptop and make sure that the content is being dropped to the reports folder.

James
JDMTX
Fluorite | Level 6
Mike -

The users that seem to be encountering the problem all appear to be using third party software add-in for MS Outlook. Any suggestions? Successful execution of the report in this case seems to be hit or miss (20% success rate).

James
MikeB_sas
SAS Employee
James -

Please enter a tech support track so we can investigate this issue in more detail.

Here is the link...
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

- Mike

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation