BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kjorgens
Fluorite | Level 6

Is it possible for someone to have SAS 9.2 (TS2M3) 32-bit for Windows, and SAS 7.1+ for 32-bit MS Office Add-in installed on the same machine?

We have a few new users who will be transitioning from SAS for Windows to the SAS MS Office Add-In product.

But there will be a period of about 4-6 months where they would need to be able to use their 9.2 version of SAS for Windows.

Their license will still be valid, and they will also be covered under the 9.4 MS Office Add-In license as well, so that is not an issue.

I am wondering if there will be any overlap or compatibility problems if they have the SAS 9.2 (TS2M3) 32-bit Windows version installed on their machines (using MS Office 2010), and we install SAS 9.4 with the 7.1+ version of Office Add-In for 32-bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Thanks for clarifying. No, it does not change my response. It is perfectly fine to have SAS 9.2 for Windows and SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office 7.1+ (from 9.4M+ orders) on the same machine (they should work fine together). 7.1x versions of the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office will work with any SAS server version 9.2 or later, whether installed locally (on the same machine as the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office plug-in) or remotely (on a separate server host).

Note: The only problem I can think of that you might run into is this one, if you don't have the latest 9.2 hotfixes applied:

http://support.sas.com/kb/40/596.html

It is easily addressable by installing the 9.2 hotfix linked in that SAS Note.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Can you verify that 9.2 also has it's Add in installed?
If so it doesn't seem like a good idea.
But, 7.1 are backward compatible to 9.2 so....
Data never sleeps
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yes, the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office 7.1x supports SAS 9.2 and later...

In Additional Requirement Information section at link below...

"Note: SAS Add-In 7.1 for Microsoft Office supports SAS 9.2, SAS 9.3 and SAS 9.4."

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikmsofficeintsr/68008/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

Casey

kjorgens
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your responses.  I may not have made myself clear.

The situation we will have - temporarily - will be that a handful of users will have both SAS 9.2 FOR WINDOWS, (which they currently have installed) and SAS 9.4M3 Client on their machines, which will include the Microsoft Office Add-In.

Does this help or change your responses? Do you know the answer to this question?

So -- they do NOT have the Office Add-In on their machines currently.

And they will NOT have SAS 9.2 Office Add-In on their machines at any time.

The question is:

Can they have both of these on their machines CONCURRENTLY:

1) SAS 9.2 for Windows

2) SAS 9.4M3 Client, including the Add-in for MS Office 7.1+.

My guess is yes, but we want to be sure we can have both versions on the same machine and nothing will break or go wrong.

Thanks again!!

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Thanks for clarifying. No, it does not change my response. It is perfectly fine to have SAS 9.2 for Windows and SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office 7.1+ (from 9.4M+ orders) on the same machine (they should work fine together). 7.1x versions of the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office will work with any SAS server version 9.2 or later, whether installed locally (on the same machine as the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office plug-in) or remotely (on a separate server host).

Note: The only problem I can think of that you might run into is this one, if you don't have the latest 9.2 hotfixes applied:

http://support.sas.com/kb/40/596.html

It is easily addressable by installing the 9.2 hotfix linked in that SAS Note.

Casey

kjorgens
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation