BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Virpi
Calcite | Level 5
Is there a way for restricting rows on excel sheet by selecting those who are not present in DB2 table?
AMO Analyze Data / Compare is not giving the answer easily and the result is not what is wanted.

Can we capsule selected area on excel sheet and call stored process and use the capsulated data as parameter?
4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Please tell us more about this application.
From this brief information, I think this sounds a bit complicated. If you could the "original" data stored in DB2/SAS, you could create a view or a result set that could be displayed in AMO/Excel...?

/Linus
Data never sleeps
Virpi
Calcite | Level 5
Complicated, yes. 😉
There is a Pivot-table from where the user is selecting some data. When (s)he has selected the data (s)he would like to compare one column of the selection with DB2 table to see which sells are not in the DB2 table.

The DB2 table could have more than 65 000 rows, so I can't just 'bring it over' from mainframe. So I should be able to get the selected data from the excel table and transfer it to mainframe and exclude the data that is in DB2 and show the 'leftovers' on the excel sheet.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Now I understand better your current situation, but not why. This look-up to DB2 seems like an data quality check-up? If so, I don't think this not best solved by some end-user application. I would prefer some data preparation where you could match your sales data on beforehand and present the complete result to the user (in a pivot).
/Linus
Data never sleeps
CaseySmith
SAS Employee
You can use Copy To SAS Server (in the Active Data dropdown or menu in toolbar/ribbon) to save the selected Excel data as a SAS data set to your server, then run whatever comparison code you would like on the server.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation