BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Can any one tell me what will be the issues i will face when i am deploying a project which is developed in windows environment.
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
SAS Enterprise Guide is a Windows-based application that is capable of working in "local" mode -- installed on a local machine with a local (Windows) copy of SAS; or "client/server" mode where EG is installed on a local machine, but is using SAS on a (mainframe or Unix) server.

AND, EG is capable of being installed as part of the Enterprise Intelligence Platform in which case, it has the added benefit of using the Enterprise Intelligence metadata about servers, users, groups, data files and other resources (such as stored processes).

I am not sure what you mean when you say that you want to deploy a Windows EG project in a UNIX environment. However, your best bet for help with this question is to contact SAS Tech Support, as the answer will depend on EXACTLY what you want to do and how you have EG configured and whether the Enterprise Intelligence Platform is involved.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am quite concerned about usability issues faced deploying the SAS Server Tier and EG across a non-heterogeneous environment. But I havent seen any useful documentation or white papers on the subject. There are also some suggestions from Stephen McDaniel's SAS for dummies, but I am not sure how best to adapt them to my environment.

- Josh
`He must, so to speak, throw away the ladder after he has climbed up it`

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation