BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello all,

I have to admit that I have just began to learn SAS. I have a number of SAS users who were on Windows 2000. I would like to upgrade the users to Windows XP Pro, and these users have detailed SAS setup. Is it possible to save the SAS configuration to a file prior to re-imaging. Then once I re-install SAS on Windows XP, install SAS with a Configuration File to have it setup the way was? If this, or something to this extent, is possible it would be great. Thanks for your help.
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi!
In the SAS documentation (received with your SAS install media), you should find references to the
"SAS Companion for the Microsoft Windows Environment".

Within that document, there is a section that references "Files Used by the SAS System." The following is a quote from the documentation.

However, before you switch folks to a new operating system, you need to read the full documentation and not just operate from this short list:
[pre]
"The SAS System uses many files while it is running;
however, some of these files are especially important from a user's perspective. These files include the

--SAS configuration files (SASVx.CFG by default where x is the release number)

--SAS autoexec file (AUTOEXEC.SAS by default)

--user profile catalog (Profile.sas7bcat)

--WORK data library ("SAS Temporary Files" folder in your system's designated TEMP area)

--SAS Registry Files"
[/pre]
In addition, if you are also dealing with an install of the Business Intelligence platform SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office,
you will need to refer to the documentation/administrator's guide for that suite of products.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation